clunking at the front of crv

Hi I have a CRV 2002 model, and for the past 2 years I have heard a dull clucking noise when I turn a corner.

It is difficult to describe, and the dealer has told me that they were unable to hear it - but it sure is there.

Anyone with the same experience who would like to share some ideas of the cause?

Thanks

doug

Reply to
gordon

----------

Sign in and do a SEARCH over at hondasuv.com. There's LOTS of posts about this topic.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

"gordon" wrote: > Hi I have a CRV 2002 model, and for the past 2 years I have > heard a dull > clucking noise when I turn a corner. > > It is difficult to describe, and the dealer has told me that > they were > unable to hear it - but it sure is there. > > Anyone with the same experience who would like to share some > ideas of the > cause? > > Thanks > > doug

Is this a front wheel drive? If so it could be your CV joints going out.

Reply to
Qjonny

If you mean a left-hand U-turn, like in a quiet parking lot, it's not coming from the front end. When the Dual Pump Fluid loses its viscosity (every 30,000 miles) the rear differentail starts to chatter because of the tight turning radius. Change the fluid and it goes away for another two years / 30,000 miles. You need 1.2 quarts and a couple of crush washers. It's a DIY job. Much easier than an oil change.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _