cost of timing belt/water pump replacement

Got the quote today from the local Honda dealer for timing belt/water pump replacement: $675 plus tax...

doesn't seem too bad. any others have info?

Reply to
wf3h

-------------------------------

We would need to know what vehicle and what country, wouldn't we?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

whoops! forgot that it's a honda CRV year 2000...

Reply to
wf3h

---------------------------------

If they didn't even suggest a valve adjustment, you should try another Honda dealer or go to an independent. There's a mistake in your CR-V owner's manual (depending on what country you are in). The valves should be adjusted loose every 50,000 Km (30,000 Miles) just like the Integra. If the dealer didn't mention it, they aren't worthy of your CASH.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Not a bad price--lower than I paid. Does that also include replacement of all the other belts? MLD

Reply to
MLD

I paid that many years ago for just a timing belt replacement, and that wasn't at a dealer.

I'd say that's a good price. To save yourself some grief in the future, have them replace anything and everything they can while they're digging around the innards of your car, such as belts, hoses, and other doohickeys that tend to need replacement now and then.

CS

Reply to
CS

yes, it does.

Reply to
wf3h

will ask about a valve adjustment...thanks for the update

Reply to
wf3h

Got another quote from an independent shop...$400. big difference

Reply to
wf3h

I got the same estimate from an independent shop for an old corolla.

Reply to
RT

my 01 ex civic will require $21 timing belt, $77 water pump. plus my labor to install. i got 93,793 miles.

will take on the project this saturday.

Reply to
RoadRunnerNEWS