CR-V is a SNOW CHAMP!

Well, my newish (May 2005) CR-V SE with AWD passed the test! This week we had big snow/ice here in the hills of Pittsburgh. The the 'V was a CHAMP going up my driveway (garage at the bottom) with the stock DUELER tires. Great vehicle. Better AWD than the Mercedes products IMHO. I still would have preferred Michelin tires for ride and wear purposes, but the DUELERS were great in the snow. (I'll get Michelins when these wear out). Anyway, any of you thinking of getting a CR-V primarily for it's winter driving abilites....it does that well!

Reply to
D.D. Pallmer

I agree. I have a 2002 CR-V LX,with Michelin Ice snow tires.and yesterday tried it for the first time in 22 cm/9 inches of fresh warm (28F) slippery snow. I have 8 km of snow-packed roads to get to the salted pavement. Amazing.

This is the answer.

Reply to
Hazel

... wish I had that yesterday. Over 40cm of snow. City late plowing my small, dead end street, my accord "rode up" onto the snow and there went the traction. Dug it out and put it back in the driveway. City didn't come until 15:15. There went the work day (I did do some phone work, but it ain't the same). In any case, at the end of my street they left a 3 - 4 foot hard packed bank. The CR-V would have done okay, but not the Accord.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Browne

Do you have winter tires on your Accord? Or are they all-seasons?

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Winter. But once the car rides up on the snow, there is nothing for them to grab onto. 40cm is about 14 inches. The snow 'dams up' and lifts the car.

Reply to
Alan Browne

I think you'll find this with any rear or front wheel drive vehicle. Once the wheels are no longer on the ground its really hard to get any traction. :-)

J> > Alan Browne wrote:

Reply to
Zeppo