Crank sensor replacement???

Hi,

Excuse my english writing I'm a french people.

I have a Honda Civic LX (4 doors) 1998.

To be change the crank sensor located under timing belt cover do you need to release the tensioner from timing belt. Or it's possible to replace the sensor without touching the timing belt.

I have this question because my Honda dealer replace the sensor and he said he never touch the timing belt. But when he put my car outside the garage the timing belt jump and now we need a valve jobs on minimum 3 cylinders. My dealer said it is a coincidence if the timing belt jump just after his mechanic repair the crank sensor.

Somebody have a web site URL with diagram and all steps to be replace the crank sensor on Honda Civic.

Thanks

Reply to
AT

Thanks to read me but the problems it solve. My Honda dealer accept to be repair my car WITHOUT CHARGE.

:-))

Reply to
AT

Thats great! I'm glad you didn't get ripped off.

It would be difficult to remove that sensor without disassembling the whole lower timing belt area.

To make it easier, the technician probably did loosen the timing belt to accomodate removal of the sensor.

AT wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

don't think so - the sensor wheel yes, but the sensor itself i believe is just an accessible bolt-on.

Reply to
jim beam