D15B2 Engine Oil Leak

I actually have two cars with a similar problem.

The oil pump has a little knob or bump on the bottom ... and I have oil dripping off of that and off of the oil pan. It does NOT look like the oil is coming down from where the crank comes through the oil pump.

So, am I right in thinking that this is an oil pan gasket issue and NOT an issue with the oil seal where the crank goes through the oil pump? The area under between the oil pan and oil pump is definitely wet but again, nothing seems to be coming from above from the area of the oil seal.

Thanks much! Dave

Reply to
Dave Wick

what oil are you using?

Reply to
jim beam

Valvoline MaxLife 5w-30. I've been using that it both cars for at least a year.

Reply to
Dave Wick