96 Explorer 4.0L V6 oil leak?

Anywhere I should be looking to fix an oil leak on a 96 Explorer V6, 4 liter?

Looking for where these engines might possibly commonly start leaking from.

Appears to be coming from somewhere on the driver's side of the block or oilpan seal, in the general area of the oil pressure sender. Could be front crank oil seal, could be oilpan seal. Thinking front crank oil seal, except the main amount of oil seems to be coming from above that level, off to the driver's side of the engine. About a dozen drop marks on garage floor over past couple months. Actually noticed since I did last oil change, however I don't think it's oil spillage from my oil change.

Can pressure build up and blow oil past seals? Seems if enough pressure to do that, it would just pop the oil dipstick up. Speaking of dipstick, can't see where it goes into engine block, but could it be leaking from there?

Looking for anyone with similar oil leak.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Mayer

You might have a leaking oil pressure sender or fitting.

Reply to
rakster

The lower intake manifold gasket is prone to leaking on these engines. The original design was a fiber-based gasket. Ford improved the design to a rubber/metal gasket.

Tom

Reply to
Tom