D15B7 HEAD ON D15B2 BLOCK

Does anyone know if D15B7 head w/cam will work on a D15B2 block. Are there any special timing problems.

Reply to
DD

do you mind saying why? iirc, you're going from a single cam 16v head to another single cam 16v head, right? what's the objective?

Reply to
jim beam

To get the car running again. The existing D15B7 burned a hole in a piston and also spun a bearing. I have a good D15B2 block. The head on the D15B7 has been ported and polished.

Reply to
DD

ok, get with the facts big guy. this is a "2ner" application. would there also be nitrous involved? if so, what you're seeing is entirely to be expected and what you'll keep on seeing until you do what you should have done in the first place - rebuild the bottom end. you need forged pistons and you need to get everything balanced and blueprinted.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

"Burned a hole in a piston": Severe detonation

"Spun a bearning": oil starvation

Conclusion: Abused engine; owner is meathead. Or a racer.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Its all true, but it still doesn't answer my question.

Reply to
DD

believe so, yes. but you'll toast that block too if you keep doing whatever it was that blew the last one. to get a motor that lasts, at least get the forged pistons. that'll mean re-honing the bores. and if you're doing that, you may as well do the other stuff. not trying to knock you dude, but there /is/ a reason people pay money to take care of this stuff - it saves a whole bunch of messing about, and big picture, money too. if you can't afford it now, use your spare d15, go easy on the juice, and save up for the rebuild that proper rebuild. btw, most aftermarket performance components are for the d16's & b18's, etc. get one of those if you can. hardly anyone bothers with the d15.

Reply to
jim beam

This is a learning experience for my son. It is good for him to learn these things the hard way.

Reply to
DD

;) suddenly, you're making a whole lot of sense!

Reply to
jim beam