del Sol brake lights stuck on

Recently my 93 del Sol decided the brake lights need to stay on all the time, even with the engine off. Anyone know how that could happen and how o fix it?

Reply to
Rob Steinmetz

could be the brake light switch. more likely to be the plastic tab on the pedal that presses against that switch though. they're a kind of plug mounted in a hole that tends to break and drop through leaving nothing pressing on the switch actuator. cost a couple of bucks.

Reply to
jim beam

Rob Steinmetz wrote in news:JIednRNDfPgQOlrRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Have a look under the dash, at the brake light switch. The switch rests against a little plastic button. That button has broken apart or fallen off. You get a new one for a few bucks at the dealer.

Reply to
Tegger

jim beam wrote in news:b4SdnX0PxedeMlrRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

I had the same "plug" problem with my 94 Integra GS-R. The OP may have found some bits of unidentified crumbled plastic on his floor mats;that was the old plug.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
Rob Steinmetz