Distributor maxed at 9 degrees?

Well I have a 1992 Honda prelude si 4ws that I did a h23 to h22a4 swap in! I got the motor in and it bogged really bad! So I take it apart and notice the flywheel is a couple inches off! Well I decide I don't want to mess with it so I take it to a shop and figure they would be able to do it! Well it's been a week and the guy said ya the crank was off two teeth! But ya he throws the "but" in there! I can only get it to time to 9 degrees and the dizzy maxes out! N he says it's because I'm using my h23 dizzy(distributor) he then goes on to tell me I need to slot the holes out more so he can get 6 more degrees ? Well I take the dizzy off ( this was friday) n tell him I will do it n bring it back Monday ! Well when I pulled it ( the dizzy ) off the cap broke ( little metal piece and so I took n went to Boyds imports to get one sat. Well I begin to tell the guy there what I plan to do n he tells me this," dude I've seen that a hundred times, your exaust cam is off by one tooth that's why u can't adjust it cause the Exhaust Cam drives the dizzy ! You need to go back n tell him to adjust it and don't mess with your dizzy cause it ante right !"

So can any one verify this happens on a h22a4 with h23 dizzy? If so what can I tell the guy so he will listen to me? What else can I look for to verify this condition?Please help!!!please I want my ride back

Reply to
trialnterror

Well I went to the shop n it's dead on so looks like I'm going to drill it out?

Reply to
trialnterror

What good is this site no help at all ! Well did my own home work n this is what I found ! Cap rotor and dizzy are shot put new dizzy in and it centered the hole when timing it no bogging no leaking runs great !! Thanks for nothing

Reply to
trialnterror

What good is this site no help at all ! Well did my own home work n this is what I found ! Cap rotor and dizzy are shot put new dizzy in and it centered the hole when timing it no bogging no leaking runs great !! Thanks for nothing

This is not a site, it is a globally distributed newsgroup. The predominant language is english...I recommend that you try to repost using it if you wish to solicit responses.

Reply to
Stewart

I was going to answer, but I still can't find a translator for whatever language he was using. I still am not sure what a "dizzy" is, but I hope that my car doesn't have one...

Reply to
Joe

We may never know, as we'll probably never hear from whoever it was again. He must have found usenet by accident.

Great quote from a great movie.

Reply to
Stewart

On 8/6/2009 11:02 PM Stewart spake these words of knowledge:

You guys seem to be complaining about this person's writing skills, but your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking. I read the original message, and the poster included the word 'distributor' in parentheses when describing the part, at least once.

Next time pay attention. This isn't rocket science.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

so, as a rocket scientist yourself, why didn't you answer the guy's question? [rhetorical]

Reply to
jim beam

Hmm, was that the car distributor or the car parts distributor he was referring to? I thought I had the answer, but now I'm not so sure.

Reply to
Stewart

yeah, i'm pretty sure the OP could have posted the question in the King's English and nobody here would have known the answer either. folks who are doing honda engine swaps and mixing and matching parts aren't on usenet any more.

Not at all. It really didn't matter. The problem, from the beginning was a bad distributor, and should have been tried first. While no one answered him with that information, he should have done it on his own. If you're swapping engines, you should actually know something about how they work...

Reply to
Joe

no, it was either the wrong distributor or it was tooth out. either way though, the op was writing like a retard. and an argumentative one at that. who the hell wants to deal with that crap? [rhetorical]

Reply to
jim beam

well, after a while you realize that the world of "import performance" or whatever you want to call it combines the worst features in terms of dumbness and crookedness of the traditional hot rod culture and of the "youth culture".

well, after a while you realize that the world of "import performance" or whatever you want to call it combines the worst features in terms of dumbness and crookedness of the traditional hot rod culture and of the "youth culture".

I pulled a good one with my 89 Accord. I did several jobs on it at once, timing belt included. I went to adjust the timing and couldn't quite get it to go to the red, 15 degree mark. I rechecked the belt and it was OK. It turns out that I had reinstalled the thermostat cover backwards and it wouldn't allow the distributor to turn enough to the advance direction. Cute

Reply to
Forrest