Ethanol Shield?

Has anyone ever heard of these guys or their products?

I'm thinking small engine as opposed to cars, but whatever.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

sorry dude, not heard of them and can't evaluate.

as for storage of small engines, i think your best policy is to drain the tank, carb floats, etc. that way, there's no fuel to worry about "stabilizing". put a little preserving oil in the spark plug hole and turn over a few times as well.

Reply to
jim beam

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote in news:elmop- snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Their product sounds a lot like Sta-Bil's Ethanol Treatrment.

Reply to
Tegger

I don't know about that company. With regular, non-synthetic oil, the ethanol can get between the oil and the cylinder walls, rendering the lubrication ineffective. From what I've read, a fully synthetic 2-cycle pre-mix oil is not affected in the same way, and it will lubricate like it's supposed to even when ethanol is present.

Even better to use non-ethanol gas if you can get it. You can now buy non-ethanol gas/oil mixes, but at a price.

dan

Reply to
dan