F20A ECU Question

I have a 1991 Accord 2dr with a SOHC F20A motor. What is the correct part# or code# for the ECU for this engine. I am using the original F22A ECU and it does not run to its full potential and the check engine light stays on. Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
spoilaz1 via CarKB.com

Have you had the code read for free at, say, Autozone? If so, what code is it?

ECUs do not generally fail unless the car has been through a flood and water got inside the ECU casing.

You can get the part number from various online dealer sites. Try

first. Put in your vehicle identifying info, then display all parts, then click on "control unit."

"spoilaz1 via CarKB.com" wrote

Reply to
Elle

"spoilaz1 via CarKB.com" wrote in news:7e44259f22300@uwe:

What is the stored error code? You don't replace the ECU just because the light is on. The code might be legit.

And please define "does not run to its full potential". That statement by itself is pretty subjective. A seventeen year-old car can have all kinds of problems entirely unrelated to the ECU.

Do you have an automatic ECU in a manual car?

Reply to
Tegger