fuel injectors in honda CRV

I have a 99 crv with 170K miles, begining of the summer I had to replace one fuel injector, now a second one is starting to go, is there a 'normal' life expectancy for the fuel injectors? if so, would it be wise to replace all three remaining injectors at the same time instead of chaning one a time?

thanks manolo

Reply to
manolo

what are your symptoms? honda injectors are usually good for well more than double that mileage and are highly reliable. very very few reports on this group of genuine injector failure.

Reply to
jim beam

-------------------------

Unless you're burning some special fuel you brewed up for yourself, (or nobody told you to use injector cleaner once in a while) you are probably mis-diagnosing something else.

You know that your CR-V needs to have the valves adjusted every 30,000 miles, right? If you're getting a CODE P030x where x = cylinder #1-#4, you're more likely smoking a valve. First time it stalls at a stop sign during the warm-up cycle is the time to fix it, since the next symptom (CHECK ENGINE light) is usually after the head is wrecked.

Here's one of dozens of similar posts about CR-V (and Integra) valves.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

it was runing rought and the engine light come on. I took it to the mechanic (honda dealer) he said the code indicated a bad fuel injector. same thing happened at the begining of the summer with a different injector (which by the way they had to replace a couple months later because it was defective).

Thanks manolo

jim beam wrote:

Reply to
manolo

I'd start running a bottle if Chevron Fuel Injector cleaner through it every

10k or so. I've never had an injector go bad. But I do run the cleaner through.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man