Getting to 86 Prelude 2.0si EGR

Hello all,

My idle is pretty rough and wandering after warm-up and after cleaning out the IACV I figure the next step is to try and clean the EGR valve. The only problem is, it is surrounded by all kinds of pipes and hoses from the intake and vacuum (or possibly just the vacuum) systems. I can't even get a socket with an extension down on it because of the width of the top of the valve overshadows the bolts at the bottom of it and the aforementioned hoses are on the other side. Does anyone have experience getting to the damn thing? Any advice? I can post pictures if necessary.

Thanks, Bil

Reply to
ueberbill

with a honda, if it goes on, it also comes off.

with a little reach-around, there's sufficient room to use a normal combination wrench. i suggest the ring, not open end as these bolts tend to get very stiff.

Reply to
jim beam