Help Identify Part

Purchased an OEM radio for 98 Civic LX from ebay recently identical to the link below:

Can you help identify the part viewed from the picture of the backside of the radio..It shows a green connector with a black circle to the left of it..

The tag on the part identifies it as a "Security Control Main Unit" with a slide switch for either Cx/Dx or Hx/Lx/Ex..

My FSM doesn't indicate what this is for .

What is it and what is its' function?

Thanks,

Rich

Reply to
big brother

Howard

That is SO COOL! I have one of those radios (without the alarm system) and wondered why it was shaped with that groove in the top.

That's a great find.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'