2000 Accord Radio/Tape Replacement Unit - Recommendations?

Hi All,

The Radio/Tape player in my wifes' 2000 Accord is on the fritz and I'd like to replace it with a CD/MP3 Player/Receiver - probably a Kenwood KDC-MPV619. The only problem is I've heard that if you have the stock radio replaced with a non-Honda unit, you'll have trouble starting the car - something about the security system? Can anyone verify this and is there a site that gives info on the wiring schemes for Honda sound systems? I'd like to do the installation myself and will need color codes for the wiring. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

NRJ

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

----------------------------

Just pick up a wiring harness at any stereo shop (even WallMart) and the color codes comes with it. That way you don't cut up the car's harness. You will need a mounting kit too, so you may want to go to a shop that does a lot of car stereos.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

I don't know about your Accord, but I've heard of it with some years of Civic. In those cases, the original radio is remounted to the firewall to keep the security system operating.

Apparently it might depend on what version of Accord you have; SE, LX or DX (according to "bobk" at the12V.com Car Security forum).

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

FWIW, I asked about this at what I think is a pretty reputable place a couple of weeks ago (also for a 2000 Accord) and was told that it's an issue with Civics, but not Accords.

Paul

Reply to
Paul