Honda Civic 2006 vibration nooise

Really frustrated with the growling noise at 1400-1500 rpm's. It's increased in volume now that it's a year old. After 6 visits to the dealer I was told by an annoyed service man that the dealer cannot be responsible for a manufacturer defect!! If not them, then who????? I asked to drive other new models right off the lot, and sure enough, the vibration was there. An old time service man told me that this was a problem with a civic model about 10 yrs ago and that Honda did eventually issue a service bulletin about emissions control parts that caused the noise. Can you help this grandma save her sanity???? At my age, this will probably be my final car and I dread the thought of having to put up with the noise forever!

Reply to
jstead

Does the 2006 civic have noise canceling feature? Some Hondas do and have been problematic.

Reply to
Art