Honda odessy brake rotor help

Would someone please help with instructions for changing rotors on 1997 odessy. I have removed the calipers and holders and the two phillips screws on the rotors themselves. What else has to come off? (i am starting on the front). Please email snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net if you could help. Thanks!

Reply to
maxmoto

"maxmoto" wrote in news:08mdnfSEupstrHfZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

They are rusted on around the hub flange. The best method I've ever tried of freeing them is a little half-pound ball-peen hammer.

The rotor's shape is a bit like a hat turned sideways. In this instruction, we are concerned with not the brim (the friction surface) or the crown (where the bolts are), but the side part that would have the ribbon if it were a hat.

Take the narrow end of the ball-peen hammer and tap the "ribbon" side of the rotor as close to the friction surface as you can without actually striking the friction surface. Tap gently and rapidly, many many times, turning the rotor by hand as you go. Every so often tap the part of the rotor where the bolts are. This action will eventually break up the rust that's holding the rotor to the hub, and you should be able to wiggle the rotor off by hand.

You will see lots of rust drop to the ground as you tap and turn.

Remember, it's shock and time that will do this, not brute force. Tap the rotor a bit harder than you would knock on a house door.

You MUST make 100% certain that the flange and rotor hub surface are dead clean, flat and smooth, otherwise you'll introduce brake vibration with the new rotors. Use lots of 50-grit emery cloth (NOT sandpaper) and elbow grease. Do not use a wire brush.

Reply to
TeGGeR®