"Honda presents a pickup"

Honda presents a pickup Honda has done an admirable job of designing, engineering and building a vehicle that is every bit a truck yet cannot be pigeonholed as your typical pickup. at

Mike

Anyone have pictures??? I can't believe the article didn't include a picture.

------------------------------------ Mike Mangione

xblazinlv

Select the ridgeline.....

Reply to
L Alpert

Ridgeline piss poor excuse for a truck all it is,is a Pilot with a small box on it.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

I don't think anyone who ever had, or wanted, a real pickup truck is going to be fooled by the Ridgeline, and boy is it ever an ugly sucker!

John

Reply to
John Horner

Boy, you folks form opinions from the gut, not the head. The Ridgeline is, and never was, intended to go up against trucks such as the Silverado, Ram and the kind of "cowboy" pick'em up trucks you are comparing it with (and I know about those trucks as I live in the Texas country side and have owned a couple in the past).

If you want to haul your cattle trailer to market or work the oil fields this is not the truck for you - there are many out there that will do that kind of work. But if you want to tow your new, fancy Ranger Bass Boat to the lake now and then or make a stop at the lumber yard and nursery in style and comfort, this is the vehicle for you. And therein lies the target driver as Honda wanted to be innovated and different - something they always have done very well. Do you really think Honda would enter the truck market with a vehicle like eveyone else already has? If so, become educated - that is not how Honda does things (thank God!).

I agree that it does have characteristics of the Pilot frame and the engine is not new, although it has been retooled as to torque for hauling (up to 5000 pounds which is in line for the people Honda targeted). And those that say it looks ugly, well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I can not address that. I've owned mine since May and I have had more compliments and smiles than I can count, far more than the Dodge I traded in for it.

The Ridgeline is unique and is indeed more than a truck, much, much more, and perhaps, as someone put it, "transporter" would be a better title. But it had to be classified somehow and "truck" was considered more appropriate, despite the innovations that far surpass any truck that has ever been made before. So appropriate in fact that it was voted by several respected motor publications here and in Canada as "Truck of the Year". Yes, you heard it right but for those that still can't believe it or think they know more than the professional critics who make a living driving and comparing trucks and autos, I will say it again - "TRUCK of the Year".

MARTY

Reply to
shortspark