Hot wheel, brakes or bearing ? (CR-V 2003)

Hi.

Car - Honda CR-V 2.0, 2003 y, 155 000 km.

Since i changed brake blocks, right rear wheel becomes quite hot after few kilometers trips.

Before brake blocks change there was some occurrences, when this wheel was hot, but rather rarely (when i forgot about hand-brake :) ).

There is not loud noise, when car going slow, but i dont konw, if it is brake disc or bearing ? How to check, if it is poor bearing or wrong brake blocks? Is there other posibility?

Respect

-- Marcin CR-V 2.0 2003

Reply to
lelec

Sounds like a seized brake caliper.

Reply to
Eternal Searcher

You roasted a bearing. I had the same issue with my 2005 CRV. The caliper siezed last winter (2007/8) and I didn't notice until my spring check (my bad) I replaced the shoes and adopted an annual "brake lube" as part of my spring inspection, however I noticed a rumbling coming from the rear of the vehicle. I suspected a bearing issue. Since my CRV was still under warranty, I took it in and they confirmed my suspicions. The wheel bearing on the siezed side was bad and they replaced it under warranty.

Reply to
Iowna Uass

lelec wrote in news:e24c7269-822d-4c17-938f- snipped-for-privacy@n4g2000vba.googlegroups.com:

Did you turn the piston back in before putting the new pads on?

Reply to
Tegger

Yes, i do,

Today i was at my friend, who has huge jack. We take off both rear wheels, and check brakes: pads adheres to brake disc. Bearings are ok, in my opinion. What is the reason of this?

Should i replace brake caliper? or brake fluid? or brake pipes?

Respect

-- Marcin CR-V 2.0 2003

Reply to
lelec

lelec wrote in news:caaa592d-7af5-4896-a9b3- snipped-for-privacy@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com:

Basically, your pads are dragging on the disc. It has nothing to do with the bearings. It MAY have to do with a caliper hydraulic piston that is seizing in its bore.

Honda's rear disc brakes can suffer from a number of issues that can cause the assembly to overheat. I've seen everything from seized slide pins to seized pads to seized pistons to seized parking brake mechanisms.

Replacing the fluid is never a bad idea (but may not help this situation), but replacing the brake lines would be useless. You MAY need to replace the calipers, but that depends on exactly what's wrong.

It would be better to let a professional look at your brakes. Or you can read this:

Reply to
Tegger

it's also possible that there's a seized parking brake cable.

concur that it's unlikely a bearing and is more likely the caliper.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:BLudnStfhOk99JDXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

That too.

Reply to
Tegger

innews:BLudnStfhOk99JDXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

I (really not I, but next mechanic!) found the reason! New blocks was probably compatible with CR-V 2000, not 2003! They have three protruding pointson it, that should be outside capiler ring, but one of them was in wrong place, and blocks were skrewed. Mechanic gringed those points on gringer, and blocks fits perfect. Now they adhere ideally.

They mixed up blocks in shop, an they probably sell wrong pair to me.

Thx for help.

Respect

-- Marcin CR-V 2.0 2003

Reply to