How Do I Disable Panic Alrm

I would like to disable the panic alarm feature on my 2000 Accord Se. Does anyone know trhe procedure or where to find the disable switch if there is one for the security system Thanks

Reply to
Jim

My wife has a Mitsubishi with a poorly designed key fob remote panic alarm button. It sticks up above the surface of the fob so it gets all the time by accident. I drizzled Krazy Glue around the edge of the button that locked it in place.

FWIW, I did the same thing to the side button on my cell phone that changed the ringer to vibrate or completely off after I got tired of missing calls.

Reply to
Piso Mojado

Jim wrote in news:e9ohu39k41dt96drm22vrep99ikjcn8pu4 @4ax.com:

Unplug the alarm connector at the hood latch, then short the connector's two pins together with a paper clip. This will fool the computer into thinking the hood is open and it will refuse to set the alarm.

Reply to
Tegger

Won't that disable the theft/tamper alarm too? I thought the OP just wants to disable the panic feature.

Reply to
Piso Mojado

Reply to
jrl

"jrl" wrote in news:7JVGj.802$9X3.499@edtnps82:

Piso Mojado is correct in that I may be confusing two things here.

If you do as I suggest, you will disable the entire security system. I do not know how to disable just the panic feature.

Hey Piso, do you have a cousin named Plancher Mouille?

Reply to
Tegger

He's married to my sister....but no one in the family likes him.

Reply to
Piso Mojado

Yes that is what I want to do at this point . Thanks . Not much room to work in that area though.

I do

Reply to
Jim