Leaking Head Gasket on New '05 Civic Hybrid at 5,100 miles ... is this common?

Boy, our family is enjoying more than it's share of new Honda problems.

My '03 Accord is in getting it's new transmission.

My sister-in-law is visiting with her new '05 Civic Hybrid. I noticed an oil spot under it so we took it to our Honda dealer just to have it checked out. After they kept it for two days they say is is leaking at the head/block interface and will need to have the head pulled and at a minimum the head gasket replaced.

Hmmmm, makes you wonder.

John

Reply to
John Horner

No wondering about it, both repairs are warranty work.

Reply to
Brian Smith

It makes me wonder about the underlying quality of modern Hondas. The fact that Honda is fixing them under warranty is nice, but they should not have failed in the first place with sound engineering and manufacturing practices.

Interestingly enough, both the transmission and the engine were made in Honda's Japanese factories.

John

Reply to
John Horner

The thing to remember is that machines break down and people get sick, no matter how well they are engineered or raised. It's part of life.

See above comment {;^)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Take it in. if they give u a hassle, call the honda district manager or honda themself. honda does not like bad retailers.

Reply to
Sandlot