91 Civic - error code light question

Hi guys, been driving my very thirsty 350 Chevy and with gas at 103.9 here, I really want to get my Civic going again. I had originally posted that I was not getting a code from the blinky light under the passenger floor mat, now I think I may know why. I finally was told by someone that when the key is first turned on, the light should flash once to say 'hi there, I work'. Mine doesn't. New computer? BTW, my original problem was lotsa crank, no spark. Thanks for the help, Gord

Reply to
Gord

if it's cranking, no spark, your igniter or coil are shot. neither will give you a code on this vintage ecu.

afaik, the ecu does not blink at all if it's working ok. if it's not working, you get an audible signal from the same module as the key alarm. single flash is a stored oxygen sensor code.

Reply to
jim beam