Major Problems with my 91 Accord. HELP!!

Hi Guys I?ve had a problem with my 91 accord for about 4months. About six months ago I had my engine replaced due to a blown head gasket. About four months ago I got the engine code 43. I went to a reputable honda mechanic and he replaced the O2 sensor.

For about 2 weeks everything went well. Then the light came back on again (same code) along with the related high fuel consumption. The sensor was changed and it happened again. However there is now the addition of the loss of power and misfiring, strong smell of fuel and oil. The misfiring can be stopped by flooring the gas.

Anyone had the same problems? OR can help me?

Thanks

Reply to
Cue

It's my guess that there is a problem related to fuel flow system. I suggest that you take the car to your favorite mechanic and have him or her repair the problem. I should note that it's dangerous to drive a vehicle that may have leaking gasoline. If the gasoline catches fire--your entire car could be destroyed in the fire.

Reply to
Jason

Code 43 is "Fuel Supply System" which mainly means the ECU can't get the mixture right.

I agree 200% with Jason - locate the source of the gasoline smell before you have a fire. I had a leaky injector in my Nissan 300ZX and was taking the replacement home when the engine caught fire. My brain went on serious vacation in the Bahamas - I opened the hood (never do that!!!!) and found only a small fire remaining, so I bent down and blew it out. A second later the fuel injector hose that had been burning ruptured and sprayed about an ounce of gasoline where my face and the flames had been. Very bad idea. I spliced in a replacement engine harness from a wrecking yard, replaced all the injectors on that side and the spark plug wires. Sound like fun?

Once the source of the smell is found and corrected, there is a good chance the rest of the symptoms will disappear. The Check Engine light can then be reset by pulling fuse 24 for ten seconds.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee