Message response

This is off subject, but is there a reason that people in this news group don't reply to the original message so that there is a thread for the original question rather that sending a new messafe each time with an "Re:" subject.

In my experience it makes it much easier to follow the responses and maintain continuity for each subject as opposed to having to search down the list for ht enext"Re:" that concerns the thread you are trying to follow.

John

Reply to
John Smith

Grahame

Not everyone's newsreader supports proper threading. Some newsservers may not either. Deal with it.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Your newsreader may be configured to show everything "flat" instead of threaded. check your preferences.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
John Smith

Reply to
John Smith

One newsgroup I'm on is moderated and requires an email address be registered with the moderation software before posts will be automatically accepted to the group, or they must be hand-moderated. They can also be posted by emailing a post to the moderation bot, if they're not being accepted normally. If done that way, the threading is immediately broken as well.

There are t> Matt,

Reply to
Matt Ion

I'm seeing them threaded.