New Honda owner

Hello all,

First day as a new Honda owner. Got a (new) 2007 Accord EX for my daughter yesterday, and we are quite happy with it. Just a really well built car.

One feature I'm surprised to not see is the "auto-door-lock" function. This is where all the doors lock as the vehicle reaches a certain speed (15-20 mph) after the doors have been opened. I'm used to it on all my Dodge vehicles, and didn't even think to ask about it on this one. Am I missing something, or is this feature really not here?

Anyway, I also got the 8 year, 100K mile, 0 deductible warranty on it, so am looking forward to many years of trouble-free operation. Glad to be a Honda owner!

Reply to
Dan C

If you find it, let me know but I don't think it's there. I broke with tradition and actually looked through the manual and was unable to find that feature for my 2006 Accord.

You're right about one thing, though. Great cars!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I would not have purchased my 2004 Accord EX-L if it had this feature. What purpose does it serve? If you need your doors locked, hit the button right before you put on your seatbelt.

Automatically locking doors ranks right up there with DRL's. I won't buy a car with these pseudo-safety features.

As an aside, yes, wear my seatbelt (always have and always will) and no, i do not support a seat belt law.

agreed!!! :~)>

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

As far as I know, that is a American-mfr-only feature. Never encountered it on any Japanese cars. Personally, I find it irritating and useless. I would spend some time researching how to disable it if it showed up on any of my cars.

Reply to
E Meyer

My '00 Toyota Avalon XLS had it and it was a real PIA.

On stopping, the driver's door could be opened but before any passenger door could open, they (or the driver) had to hit the unlock button.

Reply to
Rick Blaine

Congratuations on your purchase! She is not a Dodge...you won't need that warranty, take care of it , and you will never look back!

Reply to
Andy

Did you think to look in the owner's manual?

It is there, but you have to set it...

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Just a clarification, in case I was wrong ;-), I have an 06 Civic Si, and this feature is, indeed, available on the civic line by following a simple procedure with the ignition and the door lock switch. It is possible that it isn't there for an Accord, but that would seem very odd to me...

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Can't seem to find it online, I'll try to remember to check it next time I'm in the car. Not that I want it, but I'm curious. Anybody want to buy my unused cruise control? :)

J.

Reply to
JXStern

I THOUGHT I'd scoured the 2006 Accord owner's manual front to back for it and never found it. I'll try again as I'm one of those (perhaps in the minority) that likes that feature. Then again, as you say, it may only be on the Civic line. Oh well. Thanks!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

LOL.

The procedure is not a very straightforward one. Something like turn the key to II, push down the lock button for 10 seconds, or something like that.

As for cruise, I use mine daily. Good for mileage, and keeps me from going

75 on the highway. The Si is just too easy to get going good and fast... ;-)
Reply to
Joe LaVigne

On 7/12/2007 8:00 AM Dan C spake these words of knowledge:

Not to mention an excellent trade!

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

Nope, don't see it in the 2007 Accord EX book.

But I do see a warning about pulling out the ignition key while the car is in motion.

J.

Reply to
JXStern

Yep, that would result in a different kind of lock up. Not very good one at that.

I, too, double-checked my owner's manual. No mention that I could find anywhere of automatic locking of the doors on the 2006 Accord.

Reply to
Say What?

Yeah, I did.

It's not there. If you're gonna make smart-ass replies, be sure you're right first, so you don't look like a fool in public.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Dan C

Thanks. Strange that it apparently *is* there on the Civic, but not the Accord. Oh well.

Reply to
Dan C

Thanks. I didn't see it either, but was wondering if it was perhaps a "secret undocumented feature"...

Reply to
Dan C

Thanks for your opinion. I find it a useful feature, whether you do or not.

Reply to
Dan C

That's nice. What does that have to do with my question?

It locks the doors without any required action by the driver/passengers, as the name of the function would seem to imply...

Yeah. No shit. What does that have to do with my question?

Again, your (unrequested) opinion is noted. In the future, don't bother replying to a question of mine, if you don't know the answer. Have a good one.

Reply to
Dan C

Thanks, I will.

Reply to