Pro and Cons - Toyota Camry vs Honda Accord vs Nissan Altima

They pay the prevailing rate in the area. A dealer submits a request for a rate increase based upon surveying other dealers (not just Honda) in the area and an audit of the applying dealerships effective labor rate. From those figures and the actual warranty rate sought, the District Rep submits to national and a decision is rendered . I've worked in 3 Honda dealerships since 1973. My current (23 years) Service Dept's door rate is $99 per hour (we are on the lower side in our area) and our current warranty rate paid to us is $95 per warranty flat rate hour. As soon as we have enough time to produce an effective labor rate that would allow us to seek an increase we will seek that same $99 per hour. And like dozens of times in the past as rates have increased, Honda will grant that. Of course we need to know when the right time to apply is. You are partially correct in that Honda doesn't pay the "street" rate. That's because the customer labor rate rises first and the warranty labor rate increase application soon follows. That's why I stated they are usually

90-95 percent of customer rate. But there are plenty of times the rates are the same. A dealer who turns away warranty work is leaving up to 30% of his business on the table as well as eventually running out of customers after he pisses them all off. Yeah, there are alot of gouging, uncaring dealers out there, but they won't be there long. If they want to run their multimillion dollar business in to the ground, we don't I'm not bragging or advertising (no location given), just wish there were many more legitimate dealerships out there so the ones in business that are doing the right thing don't get judged by the rest.
Reply to
Howard

I believe it is no longer considered a mid-size sedan. It is larger and has more room.

Reply to
Honda-Man

I was driving a rented KIA Sedona a few months ago, and it wasn't bad at all, in fact it was great and I said to myself I would rather drive a Korean car than an American brand.

I bought a 4 cyl camry because its all I need, I dont expect my 4 cyl to run like a 6 cylinder. The same way a person who buys a 6cyl should not expect a 4cyl MPG. I thought everyone who buys a car thinks that way. If you want neck snapping acceleration get the V6, after all we all follow the same speed limit.

And to the orig> Techtech,

Reply to
EdV

Locally, we had a guy caught doing 120mph in a Kia Sephia. He wanted to get home, so he pushed the pedal hard.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Not all of us, though, take hours to get to THAT speed limit from a stop.

Reply to
sharx35

What about 2008. I have narrowed it down to the Nissan Coupe 2008 or

2007. with a manual transmission. I like the style and I am a manual stick shift girl. Tank you all for your help. I never thought I would get so much response.
Reply to
Techie

I'm sure you get a lot of response from most guys you meet, eh?

Reply to
sharx35

Lots of road noise in the new Altimas...

Reply to
Bob H

Given the superficial question allow me to provide a superficial response; go with the car that has the color you like best.

Or you could invest some of your precious time and test drive the cars you are considering instead of relying upon a bunch of guys wasting time on-line.

Reply to
ACAR

Don't be too hard on yourself

.... relying upon a bunch of guys wasting

Reading online post of customer experiences is not such a bad idea at all.

Reply to
EdV