Problem with door...

I have an 2005 Accord VP. I removed the door to install new speakers. The speakers were heel to get out, but installation was really easy. My problem is that when I close the door, it cannot be opened from the inside anymore. I see that a piece of the plastic that surrounds that cable is broken. Does that alone mean anything? I assume that there is no tension on the cable from the handle to open the door. Any tips?

Reply to
Guest

"Guest" wrote in news:V4lgg.107534$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

First: Turn off HTML posting.

Second: Do you have a photo available of the part in question? Do you have a cable, or it it actually a bent metal rod?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

It's a cable as I stated in the post. Also, your post is in HTML.

Reply to
Guest

His post was in plain text as was your follow-up. Your original post was in HTML.

Reply to
Seth

"Guest" wrote in news:Htqgg.131054$F snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

Outlook Express is showing you my plain-text message in HTML. Go to Tools>Options>Read and place a checkmark in "Read all Messages in plain text". This is preferable from a security standpoint, as OE's native security weaknesses are harder to exploit when it is prevented from executing malicious code.

If your cable is actually a cable (Honda used to use rods), then it is critical that the cable be guided properly. If a plastic guide of some sort is broken, then the direction of any pulling action will not be correct.

A part that small may be quite cheap. Go to the dealer with the broken part and get them to order a new one. They'll use the old part plus your description of the location to determine the part number, and the price.

Reply to
TeGGeR®