Sentra door wont open

Just tonight after I got back from an event I noticed that I was unable to open my door. The door had to be opened from the other side. is my door handle broken? This is a old 87 sentra.

John

Reply to
John

John wrote the following:

The actuator rod inside the door probably slipped off.

Reply to
willshak

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John

John wrote the following:

You take the door panel off. Don't ask me how to do it on a Sentra, I've done some door panel removals on my own cars, but not on a Sentra. Basically, it is removing the screws from the door rest, taking off the window crank, if it has one, or if it has power windows, they would be in the door rest anyway. Take off the bezel around the door handle. The door panel is attached with pop-out attachments around the sides and bottom of the panel.You just pry the panel off with a scraper or other thin flat tool. Look for a flopping rod that runs from the door handle to the lock mechanism inside the door.

Reply to
willshak