Puddles & Warning Lights-'00 Ody

Just recently, all my warning lights come on when I run through a water puddle. They go back off after a few seconds. It's sort of disconcerting. I live in Oregon, folks! With 9 inches of rain last month I saw more than enough warning lights. Thought if it were just a wire connector coming lose, I could fix it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Ray

I'm guessing the water splashed on the alternator belt and made it slip. I saw the same thing happen in our older Volvo but it isn't clear why the slipping belt brought in so many lights, as though the warning system went into test mode.

Check under the front of hte engine compartment to be sure the splash shield is in place. If it isn't and you don't know where it is, a trip to the local wrecking yard is in order.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee