Accessories Remain On?

With the key in the off position, the radio, wipers, and power windows on my '94 Suburban continue to operate if left on. I drive this vehicle very infrequently any more due to the elevated gas prices. When I first noticed this, I originally thought it was possibly a faulty ignition sense wire to my aftermarket stereo that was the culprit and took the vehicle to the installing location and they found a connection that was loose. When I left there everything seemed OK. This apparently was not the problem as the radio continued to remain on with the key off later that day. For a short while now, I have just made it a habit to manually turn off the radio. When I have forgotten to manually turn off the radio power, I recently noticed that whenever I slam a door or close the hood, the stereo will come on or turn off by itself. I recently realized that the wipers and windows also stay live with the key off. I am not sure what else remains "hot", but I do know that the blower fan, fuel pump, and such are cutting off as they should with the key in the off position.

Could this be a problem with the ignition switch or actuator, a back feed to these circuits or what? Anyone ever experiencing a similar situation, I would like to hear from you. Thanks!

Gary

Reply to
Gary Picha

Could this be a problem with the ignition switch or actuator, a back feed to these circuits or what? Anyone ever experiencing a similar situation, I would like to hear from you. Thanks!

Gary

Reply to
shields

Could this be a problem with the ignition switch or actuator, a back feed to these circuits or what? Anyone ever experiencing a similar situation, I would like to hear from you. Thanks!

Gary

Reply to
Gary Picha

interior lights are coming on/going off as they should. The switch seems to function properly, canceling the key chime, etc. The '94 was too early for the retained accessory power feature that cancels when the door is opened. Any other ideas?

least it was on my 99 Blazer. Are your interior lights working when the door is open? are there more than one "pin Switch" on the drivers side? These switches can some times bend and it will not ground out the circuit.

[...]

position.

to these circuits or what? Anyone ever experiencing a similar situation, I would like to hear from you. Thanks!

Reply to
Mike Levy