Re: 2002 Honda Civic DRL module and relay location

"Doobielicious" wrote in news:xR5Qk.292$A73.166@edtnps82:

>> Doobielicious wrote: >> >> > Where is the DRL module and relay located in a 2002 honda civic DX? >> >> I don't know where for sure, but one possible location is under the >> dash > on >> the driver's side. Are you trying to replace it, and if so, why? > > my car seems to have an electrical problem. I get a buzzing noise > when I start the car. The daylight driving light does not work, but > when I turn on the headlights the buzzing noise goes away. I changed > the bulb and the noise has not gone way. Also when the headlights are > off and the buzzing sound is buzzing the DRL light is on in my dash. > I am assuming it is the DRL module or relay. I'm not sure if I shoudl > tackle this myself or take it to a shop to get fixed. I am hearing > that it is an easy fix, but I don't even know where these are located. > > > >

You have three items that concern the DRLs. They are all under the dash to the left of the steering column:

1) Low-beam cut relay 2) DRL Relay 3) DRL Control Unit (bigger than the others)

Are your DRLs no longer working? That's usually the low-beam cut relay. Look for a relay with the wires RED/BLK, RED/YEL, RED/WHT, RED/BLU. It's joined together with the DRL relay, which is the same size but has different wire colors.

There are input tests you can do to the relays to confirm functionality.

Reply to
Tegger