Re: oil pan removal

Try this guide free from Autozone:

It's pretty likely you will have to remove some exhaust piping.

Follow the directions to the letter on using sealant at the ends of the pan. Use an OEM gasket, too.

"Hank" wrote

What an impossible time I'm having getting the oil pan > off. 93 Civic > 1.6 D16Z6 SOHC. I have a Haynes manual which tells me to > remove the > bolt from the pan -- that's it. I don't have the shop > manual. > > I spent much time on my back looking to see what I could > do and > wondered if removing something near the problem bolts, 2 > of them, > would help. I need help there.... > > Also, if I am successful with removing the pan should I > purchase the > end seals?
Reply to
Elle