Re: Acceleration on 99 Accord EX

"mikedog995" wrote in message news:1_502891 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... : first off: long time reader, first time poster and I think you all are : great.

Thank you. : : I have a 99' Accord EX w/ auto tranny and was looking for suggestions : on how to fix my problem, here are a couple symptoms: : : 1) Gas pedal is stiff, sometimes hard to push which leads to difficult : driving : 2) Car seems not to coast well, as if it is engine braking too much : 3) Shifts are sometimes a little rough : : Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated. : : Thanks : Not sure about 2 and 3, but 1 suggests a gummed-up throttle body. I had a similar symptom in my '00 SE. Paid about $65 to have the throttle body cleaned and that took care of it. Yeah, yeah, I know, nothing to it, should have done it myself with a toothbrush, but I downloaded an instruction sheet for the procedure and it didn't look trivial to me. Since that's about the only non-warranty service the car has needed in almost 65,000 miles, aside from routine maintenance, I didn't worry about the money.

My transmission, like yours, is not quite as smooth as it maybe should be, but at least it isn't one of those iffy ones that came with the V6 models. Oh, yours isn't a V6, is it?

Good luck -- Paul

Reply to
Paul

Thanks guys,

any of you guys have any tips on cleaning the Throttle Body for the car? I would like to do it myself and save money but if it is that difficult I will take it to the dealer. P.S., its a 4 Cyl.

Reply to
mikedog995