Re: Changing headlamps in 2006 Accord

Dddudley wrote in news:4be1741b$0$18929 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com:

> Unless you ARE a contortionist and have the hand size and finger > dexterity of a world-class surgeon, forget it. > > Although the instructions apply equally for both the driver and > passenger side low beam lamps, I found it a snap to reach the passenger > side lamp and connector from the engine compartment. The driver side is > a bit more complicated but my way, I think, is superior to Honda's > recommended procedure. > > Using standard safety/removal procedures, remove the battery and its > shroud. Reach in and disconnect the lamp, R&R lamp, reconnect the lamp, > replace battery. > > Much, much easier in my opinion.

I think Honda decided on the contortionist procedure because it keeps customers from accidentally erasing their radio security code, or resetting the drive-monitors/idle-learn/grade-logic, etc...

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger, wrote the following at or about 5/5/2010 10:13 AM:

Perhaps and, yes, I did consider both of those side effects. On the whole, I figured saving my back (and backside) took precedence. The radio code was no problem for me as I keep that stuff in the owner's manual AND my PDA, and back to school for the engine can't be all bad

If that WAS Honda's rationale, the least they could have done was given us poor owners "half a break" and told us to go in from above on the passenger side.

Any idea how long it takes the system to relearn the routines?

Reply to
DDDudley

DDDudley wrote in news:4be1ba3b$0$19001$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetmonster.com:

A few days of normal driving, with a good mix of city and highway.

There are specific procedures you can follow to speed things up considerably, but normal driving will eventually do it. The car may feel "funny" for a while until it completes its routines.

Reply to
Tegger

You mean all of that stuff they should have a record of?

Reply to
Stewart

"Stewart" wrote in news:hrt6ko$h9e$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

How are owners supposed to keep a record of the monitors, idle learn and grade logic?

Reply to
Tegger

Meant the radio...and nav system if they have one.

Reply to
Stewart

You, me, Tegger and probably 98% of the folks in this group have it written down in multiple places.

I doubt that had anything to do with Honda's rationale behind the instructions for changing out the bulbs. I doubt that there was ANY sane thought given to it at all. Maybe, at most, a case of "let's mess with the round eyes!"

Reply to
Dddudley

Yeah, I agree. The first time I changed mine, I got my hand in there and groped around for about 5 seconds before I said the hell with it.

Reply to
Stewart

Hey, this is an auto NG - Hondas, specifically.

:)

Reply to
Tony Harding