Error Code e12 on Focus 6000CD player

Hello,

Just got myself a 2 1/2 year old Focus today and am pleased with most of it so far. I am having a slight problem with the CD player. When I insert a disc, the Screen says CD Play and then 20~30 seconds later comes up with an error E12. The book says clean the disc, or refer to a Ford Dealer. However, I get the same error with several discs, so it cannot be a dirty disc. Does anyone know what this error message is trying to tell me. The only thing I can think of is maybe the lens needs cleaning, if so how does one do that.

Thanks.

Iain

Reply to
JimBob

Hi Iain,

I had the same problem with my Focus. My Ford Dealer sent the radio to Ford in Cologne, thats their headquarter in Germany. Interestingly enough, in Cologne they have not found any error at all and sent it back like got.

Back installed in the car the drive played every cd i insert.

So take your radio off from the power supply and wait. After you switch it back on it asks for the security code. In my case the radio is absolutely error free after that journey.

Greetings, Dom

"JimBob" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3f538b5f$0$245$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
Dominique Reudink