Re: Coolant flush 2000 CRV, Tips ?

> I bought a 2000 CRV for my daughter and want to change the coolant. > What's the best way to do it? Where is the drain plug? > I hope it's easier to do than it is to change the oil filter in the damn > thing.

Here's a PDF document that shows your block drain plug . . It's on the front of the block close to the tranny. (It's the block heater hole too).

These others will walk you through a bunch of discussion about CR-V coolant changes.

?t=14537&highlight=drain+coolant
This one will tell you why she probably needs a valve adjustment on her first generation CR-V:
'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Thanks for all of the replies, I was at the fire station for 24 yesterday and didn't have access to her manual. She is a good kid but sadly despite my lessons to her for several years she thinks all you have to do is drive the damn things and have put gas in it. Hopefully the Honda dealership will be open tomorrow so I can buy the blue stuff. The oil filter is a pain but I always manage to get it off, I have found that if I hold my tongue to the left side of my mouth that it comes off easier. The CRV is a great little car and is the perfect car for my daughter.

Reply to
JC