2002 CR-V Rear Struts

Greetings all;

I need to replace the rear strut assemblies (fluid leaking, noise over bumps), but would like something a bit stronger than Honda offers. I slightly overload the cargo area once in a while and would like the replacements to last longer and not sag as much.

I live on a dirt road that is poorly maintained and now that the snow is beginning to melt it is one pothole after another. My CR-V has had to deal with this road nearly everyday since we bought it new. I suppose this explains the premature failure of the struts as well as the rear bearings.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Worn 'sway bar links' are way more likely the cause of a CLACK noise. You can get them off eBay for about half-price. Buyer beware. Here's an example of what they look like for a first generation CR-V.

's a web page with three or four suggestions from actual'sufferers'.
advice about shocks. They get discussed here a bit:
first, ask questions later. It's WAY faster. 'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'