1999 CRV SRS light

My father has a 1999 CRV that has a light on the dash indicating an SRS fault. The dealer wants to replace some expensive part, but I do not have great confidence in their troubleshooting.

Is there a way to see the diagnostic codes generated by the computer without getting a device like an OBD II?

Anyone see this one before? Any hope a reset will successfully get rid of it, or is there a bad part demanding a ransom?

Thank All...

the snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
The Dismantler!

It's here, in several different places. The SRS light blinks while the CHECK ENGINE light blinks. It's distracting but it will get you the code. ABS blinks too. Read everything.

?t=206 Make sure your Pop knows to adjust his valves every 30,000 miles (50,000 Km) also. Sign in and search for 'burnt and valves'.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Here's some more good reading for him:

The Dual Pump Fluid in his rear differential needs a change every30,000 miles as well:
The manuals are just plain wrong . . .

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'