Re: evap cannister

"bearman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

> I can't find it. I see what looks to be the evap valve with its hose > running to the air intake. And I see a hose running toward the back > of the engine compartment to the firewall. The diagram on the inside > of the hood shows an arrow pointing aft with the words "To Canister."

And what happens when you follow that hose back? What's at the end?

My evap canister is a big black cylindrical thing on the firewall near the fuel filter.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

The only black thing on the firewall is the vacuum brake assist. The hose I was talking about drops down from the firewall and heads toward the rear of the van. I haven't been able to get under the van yet to see where it terminates.

Reply to
bearman

That end sounds like it is headed for the tank. You'd want the end that goes to the firewall... does it actually go through the firewall into the passenger compartment? I wouldn't expect that.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

No. It drops down below the floor and heads back. The van isn't here now so I can't trace it out. But in the engine compartment, that tubing goes to the evap solenoid or whatever that valve is called. The other tube out of the solenoid goes to the air intake.

Bearman

Reply to
bearman