Front door lock won't unlock and the door is open

I was trying to re-position the driver's side front door lock as it tends t o stick. I moved the latch two stops upward and it stays locked. I can't fi
nd the release mechanism, so now I can't unlock the door, nor can I fully c lose it. To make matters more interesting, the screws holding the lock mech anism in the door are so tight that my allen wrench slips or bends despite liberal doses of Wd-40. Does anyone have a suggestion?
On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 2:21:19 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

to stick. I moved the latch two stops upward and it stays locked. I can't find the release mechanism, so now I can't unlock the door, nor can I fully close it. To make matters more interesting, the screws holding the lock me chanism in the door are so tight that my allen wrench slips or bends despit e liberal doses of Wd-40. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Solution - I was sticking my hand around the lock fooling with loose parts, clicked something, and the lock opened. Handled.