Re: How would you guys evaluate used cars?

I'm thinking of getting a used Honda Civic for fun (I already have 3 cars, LOL), and I'm just wondering what can I do to protect myself from buying a piece of shit? when you found the vehicle you like ask for service records and if the vehicle has over 100.000kms ask if there any records of the "timing belt" being done. also get it checked out mechanically get a second opinion have it checked out at "your garage/shop you trust". find out its past history run a carfax also if there are signs of body panels painted and are unevenlly gapped you may whant to visit an auto body shop and have them look over the undercarriage and frame of the vehicle to evaluate and make sure its integrity is safe and sound heres a site that may be of interest to you.

johnin