Ignition key operation

For the Honda Odyssey 2000, should the key be removable when the gear lever is not in park? I have twice recently removed the key and found the car to be rolling backwards in the driveway.

Reply to
Miles

Doesn't your vehicle's park brake, function correctly?

Reply to
Brian Smith

I brought the car into the dealer today. There was something worn in the parking/ignition interlock which was allowing the key to be removed while in REVERSE gear. It was repaired and covered under my third party extended warranty.

I don't know about the parking brake--I never use it.

Doesn't your vehicle's park brake, function correctly?

Reply to
Miles

That would have prevented the vehicle from moving. It's there for a reason, not just as a divider between the two front seats.

Reply to
Brian Smith