Re: quick poll - american cars

I have heard the apocryphal stories about Corollas going 200 miles > with no oil.

Decades back my g/f had an Iranian lodger, here to dodge fighting in the Iran

- Iraq War as much as anything I reckon. He bought some Japanese car ( I forget which now ) and commented that the oil light didn't go out. There was a good reason for that, and it was a bust oil pressure switch. He put some oil in it and it continued to run for ages.

Always by those who know squat about cars. > OTOH that Brit show - can't remember the name -

Top Gear.

beat the shit out of a Toy pickup and couldn't kill it, so I don't entirely > discount > what you're saying.

They really tried hard to kill it.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore