Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?

>> I think Toyota did the right >> thing when they eliminated the normal / severe service schedules and just >> went to a 5K across the board schedule. > > >This was because people were going 10-12,000 miles between changes and >sludging their engines. > >I was there when the campaign was on. >

The Honda recommended oil change ( semi synthetic) intervals for Hondas (at least the Civics) built and sold in the UK is 12 months or

12,000 miles. I have changed the oil in my Civic (2002) every 12 months and as far as I can see the engine is pristine. Are driving/climatic conditions in the US that much more onerous to require a more frequent oil change?
Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

apparently they are in greenfield, mass.!

Reply to
jim beam