Regular service maintenance

I wish I can do a fancy graphical poll here. I like to know how many people actually follow the recommended service maintenance schedule? Probably most of us use Honda's "normal conditions" so you'll be changing your oil every 10k, minor maintenance every 10k, major maintenance every 30k.

Does that sound about right?

-RA

Reply to
radix33

I change my oil and filtre and rotate my tires every 5000 kilometres.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Not exactly. I'm using Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-30 Extended Performance and changing every 8,000 to 10,000 miles. Tire rotation every oil change. Check air filter and brake pads every oil change. The 30K service is no longer the major service it once was, is it? Spark plugs, antifreeze, etc. all last longer than 30K now. 30K is a good time for routine auto. transmission fluid change and brake fluid flush.

Reply to
dimndsonmywndshld

from stuff I've read, a lot of people say most drivers should do the "severe" schedule. I'm going to do my first oil change at around 3K probably run one more at 3k or so and then switch to synthetic. I've read stuff of poeple saying mobil one or amsoil or whatever, what do people out there use for synthetic?

Reply to
Dr Nick

Reply to
Howard H