sunroof not working.... Fixed!

I wrote in before about getting some stuff added to my car (an auto dimming mirror and subwoofer) and my sunroof not working, I went to the place today and turns out, when he took off the panel with the sunroof switch, he forgot to plug it back in before reattaching the pannel, I was in and out in 3 minutes.

Reply to
Dr Nick

"Dr Nick" wrote in news:pYRBf.58225$0G.15574@dukeread10:

good to hear. what type of sub/amp did you get put in?

Reply to
Rich

I'm glad it was a simple fix. I thought all along that there was probably something the aftermarket guy did wrong.

John

Reply to
John Horner

I put in a pioneer premier mono amp, it's pushing 360 watts into a 2 ohm load (believe it does like 170 or so into a 4 ohm) I bought a pioneer 12" dual voice coil subwoofer , it sounds really great.

Reply to
Dr Nick

Good to hear that. I am sure you are relieved.

Reply to
TWW

I'm really interested in getting a subwoofer setup too, and I hope you mind me asking;

  1. How much did this cost you.
  2. What made you decide to go with pioneer over all the others (Sony, Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, etc.)
  3. What kind of enclosure did you get and does it take up a lot of space
  4. Did you use your factory radio
  5. How did they hook up the power line? A direct connection to your alternator or battery?
  6. Would you mind uploading a picture?

I'm really interested in getting a subwoofer setup too, and I hope you mind

well I had the box already (it's about 1.5 Cu ft. sealed box) I had an older rockford fosgate 12" sub that I used orignally but switched out for the pioneer. cost of the pioneer was 60 dollars shipped (found a great deal on ebay for it brand enw in box) the amp cost me 124 shipped, and provides plenty of power so total cost of this was under 200 bucks (becuase I already had a box)

I read a lot fo reviews and talked to a bunch of people, and listened to some (all be it different) pioneers. I'm NOT a big sony fan for car audio, my friend had a sony xplode full system (coaxals all around, subwoofer and 5 channel amp) and I never really cared for it, espically the sub.. just sounded muddy. Rockfords are a decent sub, espically when you get into the upper modeles (stage 2 stage 3) but I think they are overpriced for what they are. I was between the pioneer and an apline, I went with the pioneer based on price I could get it for on ebay, and lots of favorable reviews. (TS-W306DVC is the model I got)

it's a sealed box, 1.5 CU ft. now I had this box for a while, but this sub will work with anything form .85 cu ft up to 1.75 I believe, so I'd og with about 1 cu ft or so. it doens't take up that much room, I don't have a digital camera on me, but I'll take pictures and send them if you'd like

yes, I have the navi system, so I had to use the factory radio. the amp I got (pioneer premier GM-7150M) has speaker level inputs, meaning you can splice the rear speaker cables and put tehm directly inot the amp without using a line level converter.

yeah, for power you always run a power wire from the battery, I've never sen anyone go directly fomr teh alternator (then the it wouldn't work if the car was turned off)

when I get my camera back form my friend, I can upload one or E-mail it to ya

hope this info helped, what I would say is go to some car audio places and listen to subs. if your looking to not lose too much room, look at subs that won't need a big box.

Reply to
Nick Vital