Squeek only above 45mph

I have a squeek that is driving me crazy. It sounds just like the belts squeeking, or brake pad sensor (when pads are low), but it only happens at speed. Not if I run up rpms in garage. Brake pads are new. Goes away below 45mph. Above 45mph, the squeek does not change if I press on brakes. It?s been there for a month now, very reproducable. Any ideas where this could be coming from?? Any ideas how to find this? Thanks!

Reply to
reid

I had a somewhat similar squeek that turned out to be a loose heat shield. The sound appeared to be coming from a much different place than the heat shield was. Dan

(This account is not used for email.)

Reply to
Dan Beaton

reid wrote in news:971948 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

WHAT KIND OF CAR???? [make,model,year,3-door,4-door]

where is the noise coming from,front back,left side,R.side....

It does make a difference.

Sheesh!

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
Dell

Honda Pilot 2003, 4 door with hatch, AWD, and I can not tell where the noise is coming from. I get my teenagers in the car, and everyone thinks it?s coming from a different place - but I think it?s from the front. I got under the car today and looked for anything loose that could touch moving parts - even looked for signs of rubbing since most of the underside is dirty. Nothing. I?m thinking of running hoses under the car to different places so I can listen to different areas when I?m driving - but that may be crazy too.

"Jim Yanik" wrote: > reid wrote in > news:971948 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com: > > > I have a squeek that is driving me crazy. It sounds just > like the > > belts squeeking, or brake pad sensor (when pads are low), > but it only > > happens at speed. Not if I run up rpms in garage. Brake > pads are > > new. Goes away below 45mph. Above 45mph, the squeek does > not change > > if I press on brakes. It?s been there for a month now, very > > reproducable. > > Any ideas where this could be coming from?? > > Any ideas how to find this? Thanks! > > > > WHAT KIND OF CAR???? [make,model,year,3-door,4-door] > > where is the noise coming from,front back,left side,R.side.... > > It does make a difference. > > > Sheesh! > > -- > Jim Yanik > jyanik > at > kua.net

Reply to
reid