SRS light on 97 Accord

we had our 97 accord to the dealer after the ABS and SRS light came on. Diagnostics showed bad SRS unit and ABS sensors. Coincidence??? They cleaned the sensors but light is still on We will replace for $250 but holding off on SRS ($700). Any ideas other then replacing unit.

Barry

Reply to
Barry Kwasny

I don't like the coincidence either, especially if they appeared at about the same time. I'm wondering if there is electrical trash on the power system driving the two controllers wild. The easiest thing to check (even though it is a long shot) is the engine ground - usually a braided wire from the valve cover gasket to the frame in front of the radator. Make sure the wire isn't broken and doesn't turn with finger pressure at either end.

Measuring across the battery with a digital voltmeter when the engine is running should show between 13 and 16 volts DC and (more important) less than 0.1 volts AC. An analog meter can't be used unless it has an "output" jack because the DC component interferes with the reading.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Did they reset the SRS light? My dealer did mine a couple of months ago and it hasn't come back on. They said it was a defective SRS unit and quoted me the same price as you got.

WW

Reply to
WaterWatcher

What was/is the failure DTC?

If it's 5-1 thru 8-6 a low/dead battery can also cause the SRS set a DTC.

Barry Kwasny wrote:

-- Tp,

----- -\

Reply to