stripped oil plug

I recently bought my college age daughter a 92 accord. It runs great but there was an oil leak. I tracked it down to the drain plug but as I tried to tighten it I realized it's stripped as I couldn't torque it down. Is this a repair the average guy can do at home?

Reply to
m_corbelli

It could be as simple as purchasing a new plug. But if the threads in the oil pan are stripped, you're probably going to be getting a replacement pan, or pay to have someone cut out and replace the threads somehow. Depends on how it is built.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Sometimes a double-thick crush washer and a new plug is all that's needed.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

"