Mercon 5 = Honda Z1 ATF ?

Hello

I have a 2004 Honda Civic and would like to change the ATF fluid.

The owners manual lists Honda ATF Z1, so I guess I need to go to the dealer?

I was at Walmart today and I saw Mercon V ATF and on the bottle it mentioned that it meets Honda Z1

Is this ok? Or do I need to use the Honda fluid?

Is there a big deal, I don't want to do anything foolish, however I don't want to pay extra for Honda ATF unless I have to.

Reply to
Tube Audio

Well, let's see.

Someone wants to sell you something. Not only that, they want to catch your eye, so they make it so they can sell it with a CHEAP price tag.

At Walmart, no less.

And then they claim it meets Honda's specs.

Hey, Roseanne Barr is a woman. Just like Paris Hilton. Really. I can get a doctor to certify that.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Gotta tell ya' dude-- neither of those two would fit my definition of what a woman is....

Reply to
J.H. Holliday

yeah, well, me either--but you get my drift...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

snip

Yeah, but I wouln't touch either...